This is the BEST recipe I have made for chocolate banana bread because – c h o c o l a t e! There is so much chocolately-goodness in each bite that you can’t even tell there’s three bananas in there! The last time I made this bread, I passed it along to my sister whose 4 year old couldn’t get enough of the “chocolate cake” – kid approved! I believe it’s also breakfast-approved too, it does have bananas in it afterall AND dessert approved too – just add a scoop of ice cream on top & yum!
Now if only I could convince the #pickyhusband too…
Chocolate Banana Bread
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 large overripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×5 loaf pan parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add in the melted butter and oil and stir until well combined. Stir in brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients but do not overmix! Stir in 3/4 of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on the top of batter.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out mostly clean. Be careful not to overcook loaf.
- Remove from oven and set onto a cooling rack. Let bread cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing. Cut into slices and serve!
Recipe Source: Two Peas and Their Pod