If you LOVE chocolate, you will love these best ever chewy brownies from Handle the Heat! These brownies just ooze in rich chocolate flavour; they seriously are the best ever!
When I was pregnant, I started off with two cravings: orange juice and pickles. Yes, I was that pregnant lady who wanted pickles! My husband was a little shocked at how many jars I went through, whoops! Further into my pregnancy, those two cravings just disappeared and today I couldn’t tell you the last time I ate a pickle, strange isn’t it?!
There was another craving that would come and go – brownies! Occasionally, usually later at night, I would just neeeeed (okay…want) a brownie. I would hope to find a boxed brownie mix hiding out in the back of my cupboard so I could easily whip up a batch. I even tried one of those mug cake recipes but I was not impressed; it curbed the craving but I knew there was something better!
After my son was born, Handle the Heat shared her Best Ever Chewy Brownie recipe for her July baking challenge. One look at them and I just knew I had to try these out! And let me tell you – they did not disappoint! They are the perfect, ooey-gooey-not-from-a-box brownie! Super easy to make and full of chocolate flavour. Once you try this recipe, I bet you’ll never reach into the back of your cupboard for a boxed mix again!
Best Ever Brownies
1 + 1/4 cup granulated sugar
5 tbsp unsalted butter
2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk, cold
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and line an 8×8 pan with parchment or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, add the butter and sugar and microwave until butter is melted; about 1 minute. Whisk in the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir in the oil and cocoa powder.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread the batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out with moist crumbs attached – do not over cook!
- Let the brownies cool completely before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Handle the Heat