Looking for the perfect fall dessert? Look no further!!
For the past two Thanksgivings, we have planned a dinner with our friend group and celebrated a Friendsgiving. It’s a great way to get together with everyone and stuff our faces full until our stomachs fill like they’ll explode! It’s a potluck style dinner with everyone bringing a different dish – so much food! Each year, almost everyone (close to 20 people) has gone home with a plate of leftovers – yes, that much food! It’s great and so much fun!
This year, I volunteered to bring dessert…how could I not? But I was having trouble on picking a recipe, it had to be the perfect recipe! I ended up making not one but TWO desserts to bring with me and both desserts were a huge hit! I picked this cream cheese glazed pumpkin bundt cake from A Latte Food but also whipped up a Pecan Pie Trifle as my husband is not a pumpkin eater *eyeroll*
This pumpkin bundt cake will definitely become a fall classic for us (me) now! Each bite was full of yummy cinnamon, pumpkin flavour and of course, you can’t go wrong with the rich cream cheese frosting. Delicious! I promise if you bring this dessert to your next holiday get together everyone will love it…and you!
Cream Cheese Glaze Pumpkin Bundt Cake
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1 (15 oz) can of pure pumpkin
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp all spice
8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp milk
1/2 cup – 3/4 cup icing sugar, depending on thickness preference
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt cake pan. Set aside.
- In electric stand mixer bowl, cream together oil, applesauce, pumpkin, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined. One at a time, add in the eggs. Add in vanilla extract.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined. Evenly distribute batter into bundt cake.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Let cake cool for 15 minutes before removing it from pan. Let cake then cool on wire rack.
- While cake is cooling, make your glaze! To make glaze: In electric stand mixer bowl, fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together cream cheese and 1/4 cup of milk. Add in 1/2 cup of icing sugar. Depending on thickness/thinness preference, you can add in the remaining 1/4 cup of icing sugar or last 2 tbsp of milk.
- Pour glaze over top of cooled bundt cake and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: A Latte Food