The second recipe for my holiday baking, eggnog donuts! I was looking for something sweet, fast, and that didn’t require butter as I was out and hadn’t gotten to the store yet! I had some eggnog sitting in my fridge and have seen some seriously yummy looking recipes involving eggnog so I took a browse on Pinterest to see what I could find. These eggnog donuts from Mandy’s Recipe Box checked out all three boxes: sweet, fast, and no butter required!
Have you invested in a donut pan? I seriously recommend buying one so you can give these donuts a try! I bought mine from Bed, Bath and Beyond (they carry the Wilton brand) as I couldn’t find one anywhere else and wasn’t wanting to order online but I am sure there are several options available online!
These donuts are soft, the perfect amount of sweet, and great to add to your holiday baking collection. Oh, and super fast to make! You can leave them with just the simple eggnog glaze or dress them up a little with some festive sprinkles!
Yield: 6 donuts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp eggnog
1 tsp rum extract
1 large egg
3 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp eggnog
1/4 tsp rum extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F. and grease a 6 cavity donut pan. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together eggnog, rum extract, egg, oil, and sugar. Add in the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into Ziploc bag and cut corner tip off. Pipe batter into prepared donut pan.
- Bake donuts for 10-13 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- While donuts are baking, make your glaze! To make glaze: Stir together powdered sugar, 2 tbsp of eggnog, and 1/4 tsp rum extract. Add another tbsp of eggnog if glaze is too thick.
- Let donuts cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pant, dip into glaze, and let set on cooling rack. Feel free to sprinkle with festive sprinkles! Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Mandy’s Recipe Box