Took a break from holiday baking to make up these delicious chocolate peanut butter rice krispie squares, requested by my husband. One night, he randomly asked for these to be made. There is a family member on his side who is famous for making these squares and he suddenly had a craving! I need to get my hands on that recipe but in the meantime, this recipe from Hidden Ponies did just the trick!
These squares bring two of the best things together – chocolate and peanut butter…one of the best combos! They are super easy to make and super quick…but waiting for the chocolate to set is the hard part!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Squares
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup smooth peanut butter
3 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1 + 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp peanut butter
- Line a 9″x9″ baking pan with foil, extending foil slightly over edges. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine sugar and corn syrup. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in the Rice Krispie cereal until combined. Press into the prepared pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine peanut butter and chocolate chips and melt, stirring every 30-45 seconds. Spread melted chocolate on top of cereal mixture.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set. Lift out of pan by pulling up on foil, remove foil, and cut into squares. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Hidden Ponies