Looking for cookie that taste like Christmas and will make your house smell like Christmas?! Then I insist you must try these Peppermint White Chocolate cookies from Sally’s Baking Addiction!
Sally’s Baking Addiction was the first baking blog I started to follow on Instagram, she has so many delicious recipes! I’m super excited to work my way through her cookie cookbook that I’ll be getting for Christmas this year…thanks “husband”. Come December, she runs Sally’s Cookie Palooza with great holiday baking ideas! This year, she posted these Peppermint White Chocolate cookies and I knew I had to include them in my holiday baking!
Before I even had them in the oven, I knew they were going to added into my holiday baking collection; they smelled sooo good! White chocolate and peppermint are a great combo, especially in a Christmas cookie! I did make one mistake while making these guys up. I read the ingredients wrong and instead of putting both vanilla and peppermint extract in, I only used peppermint; guess that’s what happens when you’re making sure your little one isn’t chewing on cords while you’re trying to get cookies baked, whoops. BUT they still taste wonderful so I’m sure the correct way will taste just as good!
I will warn you – it’s hard to stop eating them after you try one! I have to test all my cookies when they come out of the oven; nothing beats a fresh-from-the-oven-cookie, right?! After my taste test, I popped another one into my mouth too! My husband took one bite and said, oh wow, these are really good! Sooo, I have a feeling they won’t be lasting too long around our kitchen. You’ve been warned!
Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp peppermint extract
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed candy cane pieces (I used 7 candy canes)
4 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped (for drizzle)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In an electric stand mixer bowl, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy (1 minute). Add sugars and beat until fluffy and light in colour. Mix in egg, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and bottom as needed.
- On low speed, slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined; dough will be quite thick. Add the white chocolate chips and crushed candy cane, then mix for about 5 seconds until combined. Cover dough tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours (up to 3 days).
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Work the dough with your hands as you roll into individual balls; roughly 1 + 1/2 tbsp of dough.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until lightly golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Optional – Melt the chopped white chocolate in the microwave in 20 second increments, stirring after each until completely melted. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Recipe Source: Sally’s Baking Addiction