10 days till Christmas, 10 days till Christmas! I swear December goes by faster than all the other months, don’t you agree? Perhaps because we try to do everything and anything in such a short amount of time. At least, that’s how I’ve been feeling lately.
We got our tree five days ago and just finished decorating it tonight (thank you husband). We still have a couple gifts to buy and then wrap up. And I still have four holiday baking recipes to get done for my cookie giveaway! So much to do, so little time…
One of the four holiday baking recipes I had left to complete were chocolate candy cane cookies! I’ve been seeing so many of these pop up on Instagram and every time they look so good! I knew I had a recipe for brownie cookies stored away somewhere that would be perfect for these so I looked and looked and finally found it!
These soft cookies taste like a brownie but in cookie form! To make them festive and ready for Christmas, I dipped them into white chocolate (melted bright white candy melts) and sprinkled on some crushed candy cane. I debated adding peppermint extract to the cookie dough but I already had peppermint white chocolate cookies in my give way so I kept it as a straight chocolate cookie and it was delicious!
The best way to eat them? Sneaking one (or two…or more) when they’re fresh out of the oven with a big glass of milk!
Yield: 36 cookies
2 + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: Add in chocolate chips for double chocolate taste!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In an electric stand mixer bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla, scraping down the sides and bottom of bowl as needed. Slowly, add in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Take a spoonful of dough, roll into ball, and place onto prepared baking sheets. Slightly press down on each dough ball.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pan until transferring to cooling rack to completely cool. Enjoy!