Today is February 1st; the first day of the month of love ❤ only 13 more days till Valentines day! How are you celebrating?
My husband and I have never actually gone out to celebrate on February 14, in all the 10 Valentines we have shared together. He hates crowds nor has the patience to wait an hour or longer just to get a seat in a restaurant and I can’t really blame him on that one. So instead, we tend to celebrate a day or two before.
Even though we may not go out to celebrate on Valentines, I like to have a little treat to enjoy with my husband. I’ve started to look for some new yummy (and cute) Valentines goodies and when I came across these cookies from The Cupcake Chronicles I just knew I had to try them out!
One of my favourite flavours of cake and cupcakes is red velvet buuut if I’m being honest, it’s really just all about that cream cheese icing! You can’t have red velvet without the cream cheese icing on top! However, my husband hates cream cheese *eye roll*…(I think it’s all in his head)…so I drizzled the delicious cream cheese icing on half the cookies and left the other half for him, even thought I was tempted to drizzle them all. Now if that’s not love, I don’t know what is ❤
Red Velvet Cake Cookies
Yields: 34 cookies
1 box of Red Velvet Cake mix
1 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Icing:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix and baking powder.
- Add in the eggs, butter, and vanilla extract until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out small rounds of dough, lining them 1 inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until slightly golden. Be careful not to over bake! Cookies may seem soft when taken out but leave them on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Optional – Drizzle cookies with a cream cheese icing! To make cream cheese icing: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until it becomes smooth. Add in powdered sugar until well incorporated into cream cheese. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Enjoy!
Cookie Recipe Source: The Cupcake Chronicles