Did you fall into a chocolate coma over the Easter weekend? I hope you’re not too sick of it yet because I have a dangerously addicting dessert!
After making my chocolate mini egg cookies…(have you tried them yet?!), I swore no more goodies but more working out instead. Well, the exact opposite happened, oops. Technically, it is Easter Monday so I’ll say it’s the last day to enjoy all the chocolate I want! Exercise can wait until tomorrow!
I had bought two bags of (on sale) mini eggs and needed one last treat to fill up my Easter basket gift. I debated putting together an Easter bark but I wanted something a little more than juuust chocolate….so Cracker Toffee it was!
I have been gifted Cracker Toffee in the past and always eat way too much of it so I knew it would be a yummy treat! I add crushed mini eggs and Easter sprinkles making it the perfect Easter Toffee! Cracker Toffee is super easy to make and also, super addicting! You’ve been warned!
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 sleeve saltine crackers (40 crackers)
300 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips
Desired toppings (nuts, sprinkles, candy) – I used 1 cup crushed mini eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with foil. Lay out crackers in a single layer to fill sheet. I was able to fill 5 rows of 8 crackers. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar together. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Sauce will thicken up over the 5 minutes. Immediately, pour over crackers and use a spatula to spread evenly over.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and turn oven off.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Let them slowly melt for up to 5 minutes then take a spatula to spread chocolate evenly over toffee. If chocolate is not able to spread, pop it back into the oven for a minute or two.
- Top toffee off with desired toppings. I chose crushed mini eggs and Spring sprinkles for an Easter-themed treat!
- Chill in the freezer for up to two hours to harden up. Remove, peel back foil, and break into pieces. Enjoy!