Am I the only one who can’t wait for summer? After getting back from our Mexico vacation, I am just dreaming of warm, sunny days again! The other sweet thing I’m dreaming about, these Strawberry Crumb Cake muffins from A Latte Food!
My favourite berry is a toss up between raspberries and strawberries! I made some yummy Raspberry White Chocolate Scones a while ago so this time I chose to bake with strawberries and settled on muffins…or should I say mini cakes because that’s what it tastes like!
These muffins are perfectly sweet as they’re filled with strawberries and topped with delicious streusel and a vanilla glaze! You should have smelt my kitchen while these lovelies were baking – it was seriously sweet summertime! The smell alone is reason to give them a try 🙂
Strawberry Crumb Cake Muffins
Yield: 18 muffins
2 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
6 tbsp sour cream
1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 + 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line or grease muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in buttermilk, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix until just combined.
- Add in sour cream and vanilla extract, mix until just combined.
- Add in strawberries, gently folding to combine.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Set aside.
- To make streusel: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour and brown sugar. Pour in melted butter and mix until crumbs begin to form.
- Sprinkle crumbs onto each muffin top, pressing crumbs into batter.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Let muffins cool for at least 15 minutes.
- To make glaze: Combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract together. Drizzle over muffins. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: A Latte Food